Storage services at St Helens Removals
When you are not sure about what to move and what to leave, getting a short-term storage service is the best practice. Storing service offers a safe and sound environment for the valuables, till you want to draw them back by your place. There can be different situations, under which, a person can hire the storage units. Let’s just say if you must meet a deadline emptying the previous house but have not found the new place yet, or if you are heading out for a short period and cannot handle the heavy stuff by you, the best place to store all the belongings in such cases would be a storing warehouse. The warehouses vary in capacity from a locker to a double garage-sized highly secure facility with CCTV cameras and build-in emergency alarms. Storage and removals go side by side. Many removal companies also offer storing services. It is better to opt for the same company offering both the services so that the whole process is taken care of, by a single authority.
Being a nominated remover firm, we also provide the service for all kinds of materials leading from documents shredding to the heavy space housing furniture or machinery. Our warehouses are metal build and monitored 24/7 to maximize the security and protection of your prestigious belongings. We offer the service, not only, for houses but also for offices and business materials as well. Our student storage unit is also available to keep safe the books, and related study stuff for off-session seasons so that the students can draw back the stuff when required, instead of carrying the whole load along with them. We also provide containerized storage as per demand. Save your stuff with St Helens Removals. Get a free quote right now!
What attributes a perfect storage warehouse must-have?
So, finally, you have decided to avail of the service. Remember, whether it is to store your house removals, office removals, or for student removals, you need to be sure about the safety, protection, and perfection of the storage units where all the commodities are going to be stored, till you withdraw them back by your place. Beside cost estimate, certain key factors must be considered while going for it. The location, the size, and the housing space are as important as the budget you are going to spend on. Let’s have a look at certain features that a good storage warehouse must possess.
Although, the term relates to a germ-free and healthy environment, however, it has another aspect as well. By a storage unit’s hygiene what we mean to imply is the caution that you must take by checking whether there is any damage caused to the floor, the water floor, the ceiling, the locks, etc. a fine storage facility must be clean and free of any molds, any roof damages, broken locks, corroding pipes, dangling doors, etc. There must not be any holes or any evidence of pest infestations. Make sure whether the lockers are clean and vermin free or corroded!
Disaster management facilities
As of any other building, the warehouse is more likely to be susceptible to emergency or disaster conditions such as fire, flood, and lightning. It must have some emergency or disaster management tools such as fire extinguishers, lightening arrests, etc. Check-out what the facility can offer to save your goods in case of any emergency.
Storage unit sizes
A good facility will be the one having varying sizes units leading from the smallest lockers to the vast housing spaces as to cover up the relevant size of removals. If it has only the smaller units, and your belongings are more, consequently, you would be purchasing more than 1 storage compartments. This will lead to an increased cost overall. Therefore, make sure whether the warehouse has the right-sized compartments for your items or not to make the progression cost-effective and smooth.
Security is among the chief elements a storage facility is ranked upon. It should be maximally secured to minimize the possible chances of breaching in by intruders. It must be secured with automatic doors, foolproof locks, and monitored by high definition CCTV cameras. Emergency alarms must be installed. An on-site manager and a night-patrol are also essential to seal any holes in the security system.
Depending on the company policy, the stored things either be accessible to the user for limited or for an unlimited time. Its premises should not be very far from your stay point so that if need to excavate or access anything there must not be any difficulty. However, accessibility is allowed only to the authorized person and not the other people to secure the privacy of a user. Moreover, the housing compartments must be at ground levels to ease access. In the case of high units, the stairs or ladders be provided. The company should also provide necessary tools such as ladders, lifters, and trolleys for handling the goods.
Depending on your needs, you may want to consider choosing a facility that offers climate-controlled units. Items such as antiques, wood or leather furniture, paperwork, arts and collectibles, photographs, and electronics can benefit from climate control. This will prevent any harm that may be caused by moisture, humidity, and harsh temperatures.
While inspecting the building, look clearly if there are any signs of pests, moths, or other insects. You can also talk about it with the manager or another administrative person what measures they follow to control pests. This may sound bizarre, but the fact is certain types of flies are very invasive for the furniture and other goods. For example, critters can wreak havoc and even destroy your belongings if they get into your storage unit. Moths can damage textiles and rugs, rats and mice can chew up wooden furniture, and roaches can get into your boxes.
Although it relates to the company rather than the facility, however, your contact with the company will define everything. Do not opt for a firm that does not provide you proper answers and does not professionally treat you. Your goods are worthy enough to be kept in a safe and sound environment. As far as the details are concerned, the HR staff must deal with you properly.
How to hire cost-effective storage and removals company?
Although there is no hard and fast rule to select a moving firm that meets all your concerns, however, following some all the time legitimate standards, you can make a good compromise to select a perfect removals firm that may take all the stress off your shoulders. Here are some tips that you can follow.
- Researching and investigating multiple companies for what they provide and how much they charge is the first step. You can ask your friends and family or can search for the companies having an online reputation with competitive rates.
- Search the companies that are near your location.
- Look for the review different people have submitted for each of them. Be cautious, as the reviews might be forged or fake, look out for the whole portfolio and real testimonials of each removal and storage firm.
- Research at least five companies.
- Check-out the estimate they provide, the quotes they deliver, and the services they offer. Read the policies of each firm to be clear on minute details.
- Provide the same date to each so that you may get a clear comparison.
- Finally, you can decide the best-suited removals and storage company by comparing the prices and services.
When should you opt for storage?
Under normal circumstances, the best option is to make a quick move. Do not be late after packing and loading the things to get them transported at the new place. However, sometimes there is any gap between emptying the previous house or office and delivering the goods at a new place. For example, let’s say you must meet a deadline emptying the previous house and have not found the new place yet to keep the things, the best practice under such a situation will be to store them.
On the other hand, you can go for a storage facility if you are making an international move for short term and must return after some duration, under such a condition, if you do not have a personal place, rather than carrying all the luggage by you, save it to the facility. This will not only lessen your burden but also diminish the heavy cost required to transport all the stuff abroad.
If you are a student making a move to a new place, and not sure about the space, we suggest you take up only the immediately needed things and pack up the rest of lately required things to a safe or locker. Once you get set at the new place, withdraw the items.
The same conditions apply to office removals. If there is a gap between loading and unloading, or you are not sure what to take or what to leave, opt for the storing as to be hassle-free.
What are the types of storage?
There are two famous types of storages:
Self-storage: It refers to storing the items in the specific space units leading from small lockers to the vast rooms as of the size of a double garage. The things can either be packed or unpacked depending upon your choice. The units are allotted as per the size and nature of goods. The books or documents be kept in the safes, whereas, the furniture or equipment be handled inside the rooms. The facility is usually made of metal works with highly secured monetization and surveillance by CCT cameras. Emergency alarms and automatic locks are installed. it offers you the benefits as of the following:
- Full-Time access to the secured goods
- No extra payments for the energy bills
- Open for domestic as well as commercial usage
- Relevant sized compartments
- Equally suitable for long term storage and short term storage
- Storage insurance is also available to secure the valuables further
Containerized storage: It relates to the wooded furnished containers in which the items are packed. These containers are provided by the removalists offering a door to door shifting. The man with a van will arrive at your vicinity, the valuables are packed and loaded inside the containers. The containers are then transported to the warehouse where they are stored until you request to draw the goods back. It offers you the following benefits:
- Things can be stored for long term
- The belongings will be more secure and safe
- The goods will be in a dry and sealed environment so that they are prevented from just or other possible damages
- More goods can be put in a single container to save the volume cost
- You can access the items anytime you want
How can you reduce the cost?
Cost depends upon many factors. It is not like purchasing the fixed-price commodities, rather you can make an appropriate estimate by considering certain points.
- The billing can either be a monthly or weekly basis. If you are to store the belongings for a short term, hire a firm that offers weekly billing. This is because, if you need the service only for a few days, it would not be necessary to pay for months. Likewise, if you are to store the goods for the long term, you can go by monthly billing
- Less the size of the removals less will be the cost. Declutter the belongings as to short down the volume of things. Hence, the cost will also be less.
- Make sure whether the size of the allotted cabin has enough housing space to cover up all the luggage or not! If the cabin is small, you must pay extra to upgrade or to get two of the units. Therefore, save your budget by opting for the exact sized single cabin.
- Do not store unwanted things rather throw them away. You can also sell the extra things to be safe on estimate costs overall.